Deirdre Van Nest
The way to develop trust and likability is to appeal to the emotional side of the brain. This can be achieved through storytelling.
Balance facts and figures with language that paints a picture and gets your prospects and clients to feel what they will experience when they say yes.
Most leaders focus on their listeners “getting it” rather than “feeling it.”
There are three story types:
1) Why story. Why do you do what you do? This should be the cornerstone of your marketing, in your presentations, and on your website and LinkedIn profile.
2) Desire story. Sell without sounding like you’re selling.
3) Stories or analogies that make a point.
There is a formula for presentations (CrazyGoodTalksTV):
– Grab attention
– Tell your Why Story
– Make your main points/strategy and shift to create energy every 5-7 minutes
– Don’t end w/Q&A because you cannot control the outcome.
– Your closing words should be motivational.
Using video is the best way to capture attention. Don’t use it to introduce yourself as you can use text for that. You don’t have the viewers’ attention for very long so start with an engaging question.
You have the opportunity to leap to the next level when you start being more emotionally engaging. With more heart, more joy, and more success, you will be the leader that others want to follow.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________Thank you to our meeting sponsor Vern Eide Motorcars. Sponsors allow us to bring in talented, quality speakers like we saw this month. As a sponsor the speaker comes to your business for a 1-hour presentation to your staff/customers and a table of 8 guests for the lunch. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a sponsor, contact Mindy Kroll or Sheila Hoff.