Thank you to those who attended the November membership meeting at the Sioux Falls Convention Center. Executive Director of The John Maxwell Team, Tim Novak, presented on becoming a world class sales leader.
How to Be a World Class Sales Leader
Anything and everything is possible when we invest in our leadership. Leadership is influence, nothing more, nothing less. You are only a leader if you have followers.
The path to success as a sales leader is getting under the hood and into the minds of the people you’re engaging with. Every day you are selling your direct reports, your teammates, your potential and current customers in or out of your organization. Challenge yourself to be a world class sales leader in everything you do, and remember three key things:
- World class sales leaders understand the value of people.
- World class sales leaders know what people value.
- World class sales leaders develop other leaders.
Qualities of World Class Sales Leaders
- Sales leaders are others-aware. Sales leaders get the focus off them and onto others. Real influence comes when your client can answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Do I believe you can help me?
- Do I believe you care about me?
- Do I trust you?
- Sales leaders build rapport. Follow John Maxwell’s 101% principle. If you only have 1% in common with someone, put 100% effort into building rapport with them.
- Sales leaders intentionally listen. Listen with an intent to understand, not reply. Be interested, not interesting.
- Sales leaders effectively question. Questions are free and we can learn a tremendous amount from them.
- Sales leaders follow up and follow through. Create and follow a Sales Leadershift Plan by taking an inventory of your current leadership strengths and those you can focus on building.
Five things you can use to develop other leaders:
1. Be an example: People do what people see.
2. Show them how: Be a river not a reservoir.
3. Meet their needs: Leaders touch a heart before they ask for a hand.
4. Expect a lot: Teams succeed or fail based on teammates commitment to one another and the team.
5. Believe in them: Make whoever you are with feel like they are the most important person in the world.
There has never been a better time to be a world class leader. For more information, visit www.johncmaxwellgroup.com/timnovak.
Thank you to our meeting sponsor Wireless World. Sponsors allow us to bring in talented, quality speakers like we saw this month. As a sponsor the speaker comes to your business for a 1-hour presentation to your staff/customers and a table of 6 guests for the lunch. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a sponsor, contact Mindy Kroll or Sheila Hoff.