November Membership Meeting
Highlights from our Speaker Matt Jones,
The 8 Continent Marathon Man
What does it mean to live the good life? What does it mean to be truly happy? Matt shared a great message regarding choosing happiness. Matt was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 25 and was given minimal chances of survival. He went on to beat cancer three times and survived a bone marrow transplant and many other obstacles by focusing on 3 simple choices.
1. Visualize your victory. Circumstances + perception = Reality
2. Take action. Skill + Effort = Achievement
3. Elevate your attitude. Feelings you feel + The thoughts you think + Words you speak = Determine the life you live
- All you have is a moment, part of being happy is being in the moment.
- A mentor’s hindsight can be your foresight.
- “It is better to be kind than it is to be right.” What will people we come across from day to day remember about us?
- Up to 80% of the average persons thoughts are negative.
- Too blessed to be stressed.
- Too grateful to be hateful.
- Your ego is not your amigo.
- Love the good, don’t hate the bad.
- Set an intention and make it your attention.
Every single day has 86,400 seconds and at the end of the day they are gone forever. How will you spend those seconds? Where you place your focus is where you will end up.
Victory Matrix – the four things that matter to people:
Make the choice to serve, to use your unique talents and gifts to make the world a better place.
SME Holiday Party
Tuesday, December 17
The Country Club of Sioux Falls
Join fellow SME members as we celebrate the season!
SME Members and one guest are invited to attend. Look for your invitation to RSVP in your inbox soon!
Holiday Party sponsored by: Gundersons
Thank you to our meeting sponsor, Wireless World. Wireless World partnered with SME to bring in a speaker that they were interested in for for their staff meetings and who could also speak at the SME membership meeting. There are many opportunities to partner in sponsoring a speaker. SME is willing to think outside the box to bring in high quality speakers that will be beneficial for your business and our membership. If you are interested in learning more about being a sponsor, please contact Tim Schut, Tim.Schut@firstpremier.com.
Thank you for attending this months membership meeting! All members who attended were put in to a random drawing for a one night stay at Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort. Congratulations to our winner, Jennie Doyen!
Thank you to Grand Falls for their generous contribution of the hotel stay!
Be on the lookout for other opportunities to win Grand Falls hotel stays throughout the year.