The Value of an SME of Sioux Falls Membership
Sales and Marketing Executives, Inc. of Sioux Falls® is the premier organization for developing and sustaining a driven and influential force of leaders in our community, and continuously provides our elite membership with networking opportunities and world-class education.
- Education and Professional Development Programs – Improve your professional skills!
- Monthly Meetings – Great keynote speakers provide ideas that are strategic to enabling you to be and do your professional best. .
- Small Group Events – Focused on items of specific interest, provided by experts in their fields!
- SME Women in Business® – Annual event with nationally recognized speakers, such as Debbi Fields, Ann Jillian, Linda Ellerbee, Joan Rivers, Vickie Lawrence, Erin Brockovich, Mary Lou Retton, Jane Seymour, America Fererra, Lisa Ling and Connie Podesta. There is also an Expo of vendors and suppliers who address both professional and personal needs.
- South Dakota Sales and Marketing Executive of the Year™ – Honored during the SME Excellence Awards®, the award is presented to leaders who have had a national and international impact in sales and marketing. Recipients have included Joe Robbie, Bill Hustead, Marvin Schwan, Oscar Austad, Pat O’Brien, Terry Redlin, Ruth Ziolkowski, Joe Foss, Elmer Karl, Tony Bour, Don Dunham, Jr., Dana Dykhouse, Jeff Scherschligt and T. Denny Sanford.
Membership in SME of Sioux Falls IS based on the following criteria
Persons seeking membership must be:
- An Entrepreneur, Business Owner, or in a position of Leadership, Management, Marketing, Sales, or People Development within an Organization.
Sound like you? Let’s get started!
Join SME Today
Membership dues are $549 and include meals and speaker costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the length of a membership? SME dues cover your membership for one year from month of application.
My job title does not fit in the description of those listed on the application. Do I qualify? If you are in a senior level leadership position and are directly involved in sales and marketing you may qualify. Please reach out to learn more!
How long until I know if I am approved? The SME Connections Committee and the SME Board meet monthly to review all applications received.
How will I know if I passed the requirements for membership? You will receive a new member packet and a letter as soon as the SME Board of Directors takes action on your application. This tends to be around the fourth Thursday of the month.
Once I apply, when can I begin coming to the meetings? You are welcome to come to the meetings as soon as you apply.
Do you offer a discount for more than one membership from a corporation? SME does not offer discounts for multiple memberships from one company.
How much are membership dues? Membership dues are $549 for a calendar year which begins the month you join.
How is SME different from other local organizations? Sales and Marketing Executives, Inc. of Sioux Falls is the premier organization for developing and sustaining a driven and influential force of leaders in our community, and continuously provides our elite membership with networking opportunities and world-class education. SME Provides opportunities for their members to Connect. Grow. Lead.
Do you have additional membership questions?
We’d Love To Talk With You!
Mark Schlueter, Connections Committee Chair
Kacey McCarthy, Executive Director
Sales and Marketing Executives Inc., of Sioux Falls
101 N Main Ave #308
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Phone: (605) 336-5626
Toll Free: (877) 421-1033